The Bushnell Wheeler Home Events Page
South Beloit Centennial Celebration August 24 – 27
The Bushnell Wheeler Home is the home of the South Beloit Historical Society. We are eagerly getting ready for the 100 year birthday of South Beloit.
The Centennial events begin on August 24th and will culminate on Sunday August 27 right here at the home.
Being the keeper of the history of the community, the home and its many historical items will be on display. The home and museum will be open from 11a – 4p for tours and information on the history of South Beloit and the Stateline region.
- Centennial books and souvenirs will be available for purchase.
- The Historical Society Ladies will be selling hand made arts & crafts
- The Beloit Memorial Jazz Band will be playing in the Gazebo from noon until 3p on the 27th. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the music
- Free refreshments will be available including birthday cake served by SOBO students throughout the day
School students have also competed in an essay contest on living in South Beloit – the winning awards will be on display.
Contest winning quilts will also be on display. We will also have antique cars and carriages on the grounds.
Other activities on Sunday
- A non-denominational worship service at the confluence at 10a
- The confluence nature centure center and the Fire & Police Departments will be open throughout the day
- Mary’s Catering will be serving a Sunday Brunch from 10a – 2p at the South Beloit Businessmen’s Hall (adjacent to the Bushnell Wheeler Home)
Otherwise, the Bushnell Wheeler Home is open to the public twice a year:
- The final Sunday in June for our annual Ice Cream Social
- The Friday, Saturday and Sunday prior to Thanksgiving
We are also available for tours, special events and weddings. For more information, please click here for our contact page.